Today I decided I really felt like making and eating some cookies! I love peanut butter and I love chocolate chunks and so I combined the two! I really believe that chocolate chunks is the only way to go! psh chocolate chips, chocolate drops, they have nothing in comparison. I really enjoy big, chunky, soft, chewy chocolate cookies. This recipe is such an easy cookie recipe and they are so delicious! Recommended to all peanut butter chocolate lovers out there!
Anna’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Makes 16 large cookies
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 3/4 cup Flour
1 cup (around 250g) Crunchy Peanut Butter
pinch of salt (rationalise this depending on how salty your peanut butter is, mine was quite salty so only a pinch)
80g Dark chocolate (at least 50% cocoa) (chopped roughly into chunks)
120g Milk Chocolate (chopped roughly into chunks)
120g White Chocolate (chopped roughly into chunks)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celsius. You will need 2-3 cookie trays lined with baking paper. (Or if you only have one tray like me, just bake them separately using the one tray.)
- Beat butter until light and creamy.
- Add the sugars and beat until well incorporated and light.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract
- Stir in the baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Mix in the flour
- Stir in the peanut butter
- Fold in the chocolate chunks with a big wooden spoon
- Now to make the cookies! Scoop 1/4 cup sized balls of cookie dough and flatten on to baking sheet. Place the cookies about 3 cm away from each other.
- Bake in the oven for around 12-15 minutes until slightly golden. When they are ready they will feel very soft but as they cool they will become harder.
- Allow them to cool. (For as long as you can resist not eating one.. which isn’t really that long) They should be a lovely soft texture and a little crispier on the outside and gooey where the chocolate chunks are. mmm yum.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as I enjoyed eating these cookies. 🙂 I have more recipes coming soon!